CRAVINGS… they are either salty or sweet and sometimes they are both! This might just be THE BEST cure for any cravings — a salted chocolate tart with a crust made out of potato chips!! WHAT?? YA! I KNOW!! 😉
Thank you People.com for this amazing recipe!!
Salted Chocolate Tart with Potato-Chip Crust
Serves 6 to 8
9 oz. potato chips (sea-salt flavor works well)
5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 ¼ cup heavy cream
10 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
⅛ tsp. salt
8 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
sea salt, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a food processor, pulse the potato chips until they are finely ground. Add the melted butter and flour and pulse for 30 seconds to combine.
3. Press the potato chip crust into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch tart pan.
4. Transfer to the pre-heated oven and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
5. Combine ¼ cup heavy cream and the semisweet chocolate chips in a medium pot over medium heat and warm the cream until the chocolate starts to melt. Whisk the two ingredients together until completely smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla and salt and continue to whisk until smooth.
6. Pour the chocolate filling mixture into the cooled tart shell and place it back into the oven and bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until top is set. Remove it from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
7. Heat 1 cup of heavy cream in a small saucepan and add the bittersweet chocolate chips. Whisk together over medium heat until the mixture is smooth and all the chocolate has melted.
8. Pour this mixture over the middle of the chocolate tart and use an offset spatula to spread it around evenly.
9. Let the entire tart chill overnight in the refrigerator.
10. Dust with sea salt before slicing and serving.
11. EAT AND ENJOY!!! (I added that step!)