No matter what you do sleep and water / juice should be included and coffee should be avoided if you are looking for a quicker recovery. There is no one size fits all cure, but the list below is a good place to start:
– Take a shower, switching between cold and hot water.
– Eat mineral rich food like pickles or canned fish. Actually, in Poland, drinking pickle juice is a common remedy!!!
– While the popular phrase “hair of the dog that bit you” may sound logical with a shot of whiskey left in the bottle next to your bed, it’s only temporary. Try a Bloody Mary instead, while your blood is dealing with the new alcohol it is ignoring the old and in the mean time tomato juice and celery are full of vitamins. Gin and hot sauce can do the trick to!
– Try Alka Seltzer Morning Relief. The side effects of aspirin, Tylenol and ibuprofen can be magnified when alcohol is in your system, so it is best (even though it may be the first thing you reach for) to avoid them to kill the hangover pain.
– Get some exercise — anything that keeps you sweating. It takes willpower to move like that when standing seems like a challenge, but it is a good for you!
And since it’s the Irish that got you to how you are feeling this morning, maybe the Irish solution is the best one! In Ireland it was said that the cure for a hangover is to bury the ailing person up to the neck in moist river sand!! haha